Monday, December 04, 2006

new links

Some additions to the sidebar over there. My friend Dave Russell is a really nice guy. Much nicer than me, and, in some circles, is known as "Santa's Connection". He is also very talented and maybe works harder at his drawings than anyone I know. Check out the textures on this drawing http://photos1.blogger.com/x/blogger/7292/4068/1600/99324/DandD13b.jpg
I can't do that.
Also added some artists I admire: Sean Galloway, Eric Canete and Dave Johnson. They don't post too often (well, Sean's good about it, Eric not bad, and Dave stinks) but I think they are all super.

I have to draw more.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mike, you don't give yourself enough credit. You're better than you say so enough already with the modesty bit. Sooooo, I've noticed that there aren't any Mr. Mind vs. Captain Marvels around. Are you saving it for some glorious day of posting? *gasp* You haven't even done a Mr. Mind vs. Captain Marvel, have you? Maybe you aren't so good a guy after all. Hmm...I issue a challenge, sir; we both do a drawing of Mr. Mind vs. Captain Marvel! If you accept, we have until mid-January to get them done and if you want Brad to colour yours and if it's okay with him then shiny coolness! Bah-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha! Or something equally maniacal! I shall away to my drawing table to get started. I, sir, shall talk to you again come mid-January! Or possibly earlier just to check out the cool new posts/rants you put here. Oh, and nice work. And rant. Woot! -Dave

Michael Valiquette said...

One geniusly evil step ahead of you Mr. Russell! I have, in fact, been sketching away! Some technical issues, primarily software, have kept me from posting any of the progress, but I'll try to rectify that shortly.
Anyway, challenge accepted! I can't wait to see what you come up with.