Friday, March 02, 2007

Beast inked by Sue



inky!


Received this in my mailbox today from Sue Marsden. Sue has been pushing herself as an artist lately by inking the work of others. I've been fortunate enough to have been on the receiving end of her inky fingers twice. There's lots of cool stuff going on here with the fur. It's very cool to see what kind of choices another artist makes with your work. The original of this, which I'll add when i'm done typing, was a mess, so there was a lot of room for interpretation.


This kind of exercise is fantastic. I am, by nature, a very lazy artist. I draw the same thing over and over again. It's important to try something new once in a while. I've grabbed a few of Sue's pencils and will try to reciprocate this weekend.

stinky!

2 comments:

kend said...

sweet i remeber this. that ink job is swell

Eifriger said...

Cool! Nice seeing the amazing Superman; you gotta find out who that dude is :-) It was fun inking your Beast Mike. Looking forward to seeing how some of my stuff turns out under your talented digits :-D
Cheers!
Suzanne.