Friday, January 15, 2010

Animato Anthropomorphica: Storyboard finally done


Long overdue for something so simple, but I've finally dedicated the time, so: the board is done.
It's interesting, I find boarding this has been a completely different exercise than work for hire stuff. I'm giving a lot more thought to how I plan on timing it out, how the animation will work (limited as it is). With a commercial board, you put all the info in, and you can't help but imagine how you'd handle the animation, but in the back of your mind you know that someone else is going to make all their own decisions on how things will time out. Maybe back on Johnny Bravo, more than a decade ago, I probably took a similar approach, and even then, what showed up on screen was different, not better, not worse, just different. So you get used to that, simply knowing it will be different. And that changes how you approach the board. It's almost a left and right brain thing. With this, I know that this is just the first in a series of actions I'll be taking to make this film, that each subsequent step will be done by ME. So I'm looking at how my drawings work and don't, I'm thinking about what choices I'll make next, and how I might have to try a few things out before I get what I want. It's fun and frustrating.
I'm also terrified because part of the exercise is to be funny. I'm hoping for amusing.
Ro laughed out loud this morning when I showed it to her, but having me there acting it out and doing the sounds, providing the timing, helps. That's going to pretty much be the make or break of this thing, the timing. So, we'll just have to see, I guess.
m

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.